RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rare Royal Giant Corsair, 1/5 Scale, 98” span, Project
Old 12-15-2018, 02:33 PM
redball8
My Feedback: (128)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rare Royal Giant Corsair, 1/5 Scale, 98” span, Project

Up for sale is a Royal/Marutaka Giant Corsair F4U-1A kit, 1/5-scale (98-5/16” span), in “project” condition. It has that beautiful aluminum cowl and the Royal cockpit kit, plus the plans, instructions, and graphics sheets. The bad news is that the fuselage, wing center section and fin/rudder had been started, and the fuse/center section sat in someone’s garage for a while and some parts have started to delaminate. It’s useable but needs work. There is the original fixed landing gear and a lumber yard of sheet, plus hardware packs. I sorted and bagged it all by assembly – wing parts, elevator, stabilizer, and so on. It seems nearly complete but does not have a canopy (Ziroli sells one for $28), and I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few missing odds & ends. A couple of the wing ribs need to be redone, too – the last photo shows the assembly just after I brought it home. The Storch in the background is not for sale!Not sure about shipping for this one – I’m game for it, but there are three boxes plus the fuselage, and my guess is it won’t be cheap. There are short kits available on that auction site, but I’d be certain to get one the exact same size before popping for one.

Last edited by redball8; 12-15-2018 at 02:38 PM.