RCU Forums - View Single Post - Things that would be interesting to know - "Taj-Muncie" usage
Old 12-17-2018, 12:51 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Appowner
Got a COD ride to the JFK once for the 3 hour tour. Just amazes me the dance that goes on that flight deck. Without a doubt the most dangerous place to work in the world. The camera does not do it justice. My hat's off to anyone who did a tour out there.
Carrier based Naval Aviation is often cited as an example of a High Reliability Organization (HRO), along with nuclear power, and US Navy submarine operations. In my consulting work, my clients have asked me to help them build their organization to incorporate best practices. It's a combination of overarching policy, operator focused procedures, training, drills, day to day operations, debrief, and continuos improvement. I've offered to help AMA develop fit for purpose aspects of these same best practices, pro bono, but they refused.

Now that the future of model aviation safety and operations may look a lot more like manned aircraft safety and operations, you'd think the'd be more interested.