RCU Forums - View Single Post - Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread
Old 12-17-2018, 04:30 AM
RP-Stinger
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horsefeetky
just ran the swiwin 140b it is a beast.. all i could do to hold the fuse in the cradle during run up..

found a problem all need to check......................ALERT

loosen your elevator,rudder and wing clamps. pull the surface away far enough to have pin clear the mount. now tighten the screw to the clamp mount with all you got. i used a ball driver and did this to all the clamps then loosen and insert surface and clamp tight with confidence. i found before doing this i had the elevator clamps super tight with surface in and still i could pull the left elvator half right out with my hands........no matter how hard i tried to tighten it i still could pull it loose after. then i did the above and now it is tight as heck going no where now.. glad i caught this.........hope this helps others.

also i setup my full flaps with crow and used a flight mode linked to the flap switch to activate the use of a fresh trim for the elevator and ailerons when in the position half flap and full flap. this will allow me to fine tune the amount of down elevator needed when deployed and yet go back to level flight original trims when i switch flaps to full up pos 1...i have a starting amount of down elevator in both pos 2 and pos 3 using the flap setup but now i can override that by trimming while in that position and once on the ground i can transfer that added change of trim to the regular flap setting mode and get it spot on for future flights. then the so called sub trim in flight mode becomes a windy to calm day adjustment at best if even needed.
Good to hear your 140b is a beast, that is awesome. Be even more excited about flying now.

Thanks for the alert about the clamps on the flying surfaces. I will double check mine now. Glad to hear it was caught before anyone lost a flight surface, hopefully others will see this and pass it along.
That is a good check that I had not done yet. Thank you.