RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 08:46 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Anybody greasing the disks? That way they should not lock up once they snap out to the electro-magnet. If you are greasing them, are you using High Temp grease or maybe just something light like servo grease? I don't think greasing the tires would work on the T-One's OEM gear. I know folks who have done these work-a-rounds. But, I would like to get the brakes working correctly.

If the LG 15 is able to work well with the magnets still in the hub, anyone know how it overcomes the tendency for the disks to snap out and lock up?

One of the things I found on the prolinks was that, with the LG 12, I had to take off all the rough edges on the disk and I even sanded the ends of the guide screws a bit to smooth them out. Also, I filed and sanded round the IDs of the screw holes and the axle hole in the disk. I also used 220 on one disk and 400 grit on the other to get them to match up when the brakes were applied. Once I did that, they worked fairly evenly. But they did still lock up, and with the LG12, I was never able to get a good travel adjust setpoint on the Txer to overcome the locking up. Never IDed a problem with the disks just free floating inside the hubs (i.e. the disks always seemed to back off after braking).Then, I traded the LG 12 for a LG 13 and then that solved the locking up.

Maybe I'll give the LG15 a try. I have all winter to figure out the programming. The manual seems straight forward. But from the instructions above, I know it will take some time. At least you don't have to have a separate GSU to program it. But, … I already got that for the LG13. Also, I am beginning to collect a junkyard of electric brake controllers. I'd like to find one that really works with the T-Ones OEM gear. I was going to buy a complete spare set. But, if I can NOT get them working, then I would like to try someone else's brand, maybe Electrons.

Last edited by Len Todd; 12-28-2018 at 10:09 AM.