RCU Forums - View Single Post - Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, … I just took out the magnets in the hubs and the brakes come on really nicely. The proportional aspect works w/o having the disk snap out and lock up. After playing with the travel adjust a bit. I found a sweet spot for maximum resolution w/o any lockup. But, … when fully on, one side offers a slight bit more resistance than the other. I suppose this is where the independent adjustment of the LG15 comes into play, let alone the Gyro compensation when the model starts to vary from its designated path due to uneven braking. Guess I'll order a 15 today. This would help my UFlash also. By the way, I also rounded all the inner and outer edges and bolt hole edges on the disks.

Also, previously I found that the bolt that holds the wheel on can compress the two bearings together. I suppose that is why on mine the one side's bearings failed. I think the shoulder on the axle needs to be cut back about 1 mm further so that the bolt does not compress the bearings. But a good work-a-round is to just add a 4mm lock washer under the bolt on the end of the axle. Then you can tighten the bolt w/o compressing the bearings. By the way, the bearings are not sealed. They are just shielded. Also, there is a .025 MM thick x 10 MM x16 MM washer in there between the shoulder and the inner bearing race. On mine, one side had one and the other did not. ?? These can be purchased on Ebay, but make sure you check the delivery schedule. One vendor had a 1-3 months delivery schedule. These can be had from the lower 48 in a couple days.

Anyway enough for today on E-brakes I have to go order some stuff!