RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Poop has hit the fan !
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 06:42 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Paragraph 1, just what do you think the AMA should be doing to promote the hobby?
(1) Cut costs at HQ, target 50% savings.
(2) Eliminate any AMA HQ event that isn't revenue neutral or better (Toledo, traveling used airplane sale, etc.)
(3) Use savings and expand grants for local flying sites to improve quality and/or reduce cost of joining
(4) Use savings to move NATS among various regions; opporutnity for more people to participate but also more spectators (i.e. potential members)
(5) Use savings to send more than over-priced wind up rubber planes to get kids interested
(6) Stop contributing member dues money to the Foundation. Latter either succeeds or fails on its own.
...this is just a start

Paragraph 2. That is just the monopoly that I am talking about. In your example for the LHS to sell you that Blade helicopter he would have had to drop down to a 10% above cost price. How would you expect any business to survive on that? Yes I do blame the consumers somewhat for that, like you most only care about price. Service means very little until the day you need it.
The online retailer was not Tower/HH. It was a LHS in another state, one that is still in business and doing well. Obviously that owner has found a way to compete. And service? How is expecting me to make multiple trips to pay more "service?"

paragraph 3. I didn't say you HAD to do anything, I simply asked. It astounds me that somone such as you who served to protect my freedom of speech along with every other Americans now fights so hard to squash my freedom of speech. FACT! I have just the same right to experess my opinions here as you and your supporters!
You can speak to your hart's content. I think if you go back and look at what I actually wrote, I never said anything about you not speaking. I merely pointed out that I get to choose what I do and don't do. Read the actual words.