RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Poop has hit the fan !
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 07:02 PM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 177 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
(1) Cut costs at HQ, target 50% savings.
(2) Eliminate any AMA HQ event that isn't revenue neutral or better (Toledo, traveling used airplane sale, etc.)
(3) Use savings and expand grants for local flying sites to improve quality and/or reduce cost of joining
(4) Use savings to move NATS among various regions; opporutnity for more people to participate but also more spectators (i.e. potential members)
(5) Use savings to send more than over-priced wind up rubber planes to get kids interested
(6) Stop contributing member dues money to the Foundation. Latter either succeeds or fails on its own.
...this is just a start

Having the traveling Nats was actually more expensive and always fell short on regional staff.

The online retailer was not Tower/HH. It was a LHS in another state, one that is still in business and doing well. Obviously that owner has found a way to compete. And service? How is expecting me to make multiple trips to pay more "service?"

Service, as in you realize you need a part on Friday when you have plans to fly Saturday. Service, when the item you purchased there doesn't work or fit and you can exchange it without occurring shipping costs and have to wait. Somewhere you can go to bounce ideas off other guys especially ones that has good knowledge of product availability.

You can speak to your hart's content. I think if you go back and look at what I actually wrote, I never said anything about you not speaking. I merely pointed out that I get to choose what I do and don't do. Read the actual words.

The fact when people do not share your views you do not speak to them as peers speaks volumes.