RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Poop has hit the fan !
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2018, 05:13 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
First paragraph has nothing to do with the topic.
It was germane, in response to the virtue signaling post.
Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie
Second paragraph is nothing but hearsay. You don't know what the atmosphere is at AMA HQ because you have never spent time there. Face value is opinion only! The financials DO NOT spell out the entire picture. Granted in that area things could be better I will give you that but guess what, the entire industry is not on sound financial ground right now. Yet you want to continue with the broken record. As I said before, slinging mud on a forum is going to accomplish nothing. If you really care about the hobby as you claim then prove it and get involved. What you are doing here is not involvement.
I can get involved as I see fit. And how I see fit is to bring to attention the awful financial decision making of the AMA leadership over the past 15 or so years. "Financials do not spell out the whole picture?" or industry is in a bad place "[r]ight now?" Uhm.... AMA's total assets are DOWN 32% from their peak in 2002! But hey, at least it's consistent poor performance! It's dropped nearly every year. And meanwhile, the AMA's staff costs have risen 27% over the same period.