RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 03:37 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
I've never bought a new rc engine, but I have found tremendous value in most used ones. This 82 I've been messing with was the cleanest looking used engine I've ever purchased. It was mounted on a very new looking H9 P-51 with avionics included. RTF total price $175. How could I turn it down? As it turns turns out I will be putting the same dollars into it as the other three nasty looking used Saitos I purchased in the past. Still, it's worth it to me and I get to further my edumakashun.

Living the nightmare,
Lonnie
I hear you well.
Just as with the 75 plus mo******les, a few hundred ham radio transmitters and receivers, most of my personal daily drivers; I usually buy basketcases and go through them. Nothing wrong with that! You know exactly what is going on when you are all done.

BTW, the crankpin on your crank looks very much like it had been ground with a wheel badly in need of dressing! Ground surfaces depend on clean, true wheels. Wheels are usually dressed at set intervals however, for any of many reasons, the wheel may load up or breakdown prematurely and without diligent parts inspection you may have a poorly finished surface like that one slip through the system.