RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reaction 54 Jet Kit
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:59 AM
SALMONBUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My P60 R54 is stored 100 miles from my home for the moment, I go to it tomorrow evening ( tomorrow afternoon for you ) and can take close pic if you want . By the way it will be extremely similar to the pic post posted above.
As far I remember I mounted it exactly as described in the book using stock parts.
The only thing that you have to take care is when you drill the holes for the engine mount , be precise so the engine mount is perfectly aligned with the fuse and also try to position it to have the turbine starter as close as possible from the boat tail
The stock part provided to tilt the turbine revealed to be good for the p60 setup in my opinion ( no pitch change when playing with thrust)

By the way a terrible thing hapened when I instaled it. If you go for stock instalation like me ( and like on the picture ) you have to tapered 10 holes in turbine mounting rails ( 5 in each rail). When I tapered the LAST one, I maybe worked a bit too fast and my tap brokened in the rail......... AAARRGHHHH........
OF course it has been impossible to remove it and Bruce provided me a rail . That involved a 2 weeks delay.

Last edited by SALMONBUG; 01-09-2019 at 01:07 AM.