RCU Forums - View Single Post - All about Kolm Engines
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Ixtrim

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostromo1
Ixtrim, Very well organized component placement and clean construction - even the epoxy fillets are wonderfully smooth and even. Could I ask what epoxy you use - I've not seen a white epoxy before.
I had posted earlier about Kolm engine availability. I was glad to see Andy Kane's website has now been updated, but I was dismayed at the pricing of the 50cc. But on top of that, shipping and import duties are listed as being extra... but I thought that's the point of having a regional distributor, that these costs are known before hand. Otherwise one could just order directly from the company in Europe. While I like seeing the installation of the big motors on this forum, I wish the Kolm brand was a little more accessible. Oh well.

Thank you!!

The expoxy is mixed with glass bubbles and thixotropy to keep it on its place. also i you have way less weight for your gluing joint.

The EZ50 will not be produced in future. this type is total different in all parts and we donīt sell a lot of them. so, 2 pcs are in stock and then its gone. we keep a lot of spare parts for repairs, no worries.
for total costs ask andy for an offer. for sure he can tell you exactly how much an engine will be!

Tom