RCU Forums - View Single Post - My SM F-14 Tomcat
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 09:21 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by drorso
Hi guys, great post. I'm considering the FEJ F-14. Any pros and cons? can you link for more videos of the F-14s posted here?
I would do a search on the forums for the FEJ F14. There are a million reasons not to buy one. They are cheaper than the Skymaster but there is an old adage that goes "only the rich can afford to buy cheap". Or "Buy cheap, buy twice".

An F14 is my ultimate jet, one day I hope to have one but until I can afford at least the Skymaster one I won't waste any money on one. I had high hopes for the FEJ F14 when it first came out but the amount of re-engineering and fixes one has to make to an airplane with such a poor track record just to be able to safely fly circuits is ridiculous. Look for Dubd's thread on his F14. There wasn't anything left except a bitter taste on that one.

Having said all of that, it's been years, you don't hear much about FEJ on the forum here anymore but they are still in business. Perhaps they have improved the airplanes but they have long left the customer to be the beta tester for airframes, I'd want to be reading success stories before I put that much money at risk.

Just my opinion, your mileage may vary.