RCU Forums - View Single Post - 456MB Dragon 40 ARF --anybody got one?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 06:32 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so65imp3s3s, A Sig Kadet Sr. ARF cowl is a very close match for your Dragon 40 cowl. The general size and shape are the same except the Kadet ARF cowl doesn't have the oil cooler intake scoop bump on the bottom. It also doesn't have the two air intake openings cut out on each side of the prop spinner. You will have to mark and cut those open yourself (easy job). The Sig Kadet cowl is about 1/4" narrower than the Dragon cowl but the Kadet cowl is thin, very flexable fiberglass and can easily be stretched 1/8" on each side during installation. The Kadet cowl is just a little taller at the rear so it can give up a little material up when you pull it width wise that 1/8" on each side. I just happen to have an assembled and intact Dragon 40 and a NIB Sig Kadet cowl in my collection that I just got out to check out the interchange possibility. It looks like a good replacement with a little tweaking to me. Call Sig for a replacement Kadet Senior ARF cowl. BTY, all the bragging these guys did 15 years ago about what a great flyer the Dragon 40 is, is 100% true. Do fix it and fly it you won't be sorry.