RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ziroli Spitfire
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 10:25 AM
SpitfireBob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there:

I am building the Mk 1 version of the Ziroli Spitfire and came across your beautiful job on the P9374. I am scaling mine to this Spitfire as well. Could I ask a couple of questions? i can't see if you used the flap door hinge design Nick outlined in his plan - on the top of the wing. Do you have any other pictures of the bird? I am powering mine with the 3W 85 XI and Soar WWII 24x10 three-blade prop. ESM retracts (Chinese Robart knock offs but less expensive and functional) I was thinking of latex paint but perhaps the Tamiya spray paint. What paint did you use?
I am very aware of building the tail as light as possible. I will use 1 oz fiberglass cloth, Z-poxy finishing resinIt looks like your AUW is 37 lbs? That should translate into a nice flying bird! How are the flight characteristics?
Thanks for any suggestions you can throw my way. This is my first scratch built plane, but I have been in the hobby for 50 years... I've built and fly the 1/3 scale BSA Super Cub and the Sig 1/3 scale Spacewalker. I have built the Yellow Aircraft and Pica 1/5 scale Spitfires as well.

Bob

585 317-4490
[email protected]