RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 11:25 PM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Yes, folks say those milder cammed Saitos were a joy to run. Idle very smooth at very low rpm.

It'll be interesting to see how good of shape the cool power left the cam and lifters in on your 30 when you tear it down.

Doesn't the 30 have a taper bored cylinder for the non-ringed application? How will you handle that if going to a ringed piston?
Glowy i some times wish dave would wear glasses when taking photos,just kidding dave,did you sneeze when you pulled the trigger? i looked up 15f and it converts to -10c here which never happens.We are on the right side of the globe at the moment and are having 100f and well over days full of sunshine,good old west aussie summer weather.I'm not bragging seriously!

Glowy i've never used cool power but have read about people calling it cruel power,whether that's just a vent or not i don't know.If it's true that saito ringless engines operate on the same pinch point principles as cheap smelly two strokes i'm happy they stopped making them it will be interesting to hear how gary plans to approach the job,i agree with his opinion the tacho readings don't tell the whole flying story.It's far more important to match the right saito engine to the best airframe.

ps cajun like dave i run an fa220 and have no problem going vertical except keeping the model in sight.When you say you 'feel' your fa180 is starving going vertical when performing a loop,is that towards the end of a ten minute flight? there are some tuning remedies among other things you can easily do.Most people here know i'm fairly simple and i've watched a lot of people fool with perry pumps on four stroke engines and rarely get it right,leads to a frustrating day at the field with bugger all flying done.If you can,stick to the kiss principle.