RCU Forums - View Single Post - JR 12X flap sys question
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 06:51 PM
planenutzz

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Alan has raised an excellent question; where is the neutral setting on the flap servos? Normally it would be as Alan said, the neutral servo travel is at the mid flap position. So the servo rotates one way for full flaps from that point and the other way for retracted flaps from that point. So you've got to compensate with the mixes and travel directions to get the trim following. I went and looked at my 12X setup for the KIngCat and we wound up using the flap switch to get the elevator compensation on deployment. I needed 13 channels and there just wasn't a way to set it up so I'd have a free channel that could be used and then assigned to the lever. We wound up putting the rudders on a matchbox and giving each flap it's own channel. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear, but I had a friend help me with that setup and he is a very knowledgeable person when it comes to programming radios. He helps lots of guys at our field with radio issues with all sorts of brands and models and he always seems to get it to work. So when he finally looked at me that night after several hours and said there wasn't anyway he could get the flaps matched up so it would not cause a roll when the flaps came out, without using two channels, the flap system and the three position switch, I took him at his word
The flaps are if you read my original post on seperate channels. FLAP Ch (AUX1) and AUX2

I'll play with a bit more during the week to see if I can get a a starting point offset in the mix.

Last edited by planenutzz; 02-03-2019 at 07:10 PM.