RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 Scale Chris Craft Runabout....
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2003, 09:09 PM
WorldModelNut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 Scale Chris Craft Runabout....

Guys;

I'm new to this list but not new to Chris Crafts and boating full size and models. Let me tell you what I am doing right now and see if there is any interest. I am a researcher/restorer/judge of pre-war Chris Crafts. I specialize in the Barrel Backs and own a 1940 19'. Currently we are restoring a 1939 19' Barrel in the shop to Lake Tahoe Show condition. In the process we are drawing the entire boat and all details in CAD so that the boat can be reproduced if wanted. Here is my question. Is there interest for a 1/4 or 1/3 etc museum scale plans to build a model? I'm not talking about the junk Dumas puts out, which by the way is not very scale in line or construction. I'm talking about the real deal with full-scale lines and full-scale construction etc. I personally want to do this and was hoping to actually produce a laser cut kit. If there was interest then that might make things easier. We would be able to do other models in the future. Possible the 1936 19' Racer, 1940 23' triple, etc. Having the original full scale I could not bring myself to finish the Dumas because it was so wrong.

Comments.

Don Ayers