RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 02-08-2019, 05:04 PM
Tanque

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

Luke this is the sad truth of RC armor. We see it as a fun, interesting, dynamic intersection of history, hardware and modeling enjoyment but most see tanks as toys, even among other
RC modeling groups. Even as relatively popular as RC armor appears to be today, despite the vocal proponents for the hobby it remains a backwater. It's reflected in Hollywood
at the 1:1 scale. How many aviation, boat and car themed movies have there been versus tank themed?

Where we see success others see so-so mediocre. When some complain the some tank offering is missing a rivet I rejoice that a maker saw fit to take a chance.

I've tried several times in the past to sell tanks or tank related items; even though my livelihood, food on the table wasn't dependent on the success of those efforts none of them
succeeded even when I sold items at or below cost. It is a rare, determined bird who sticks with it and I applaud them, heck I applaud you Luke..

Jerry