RCU Forums - View Single Post - Intro to the Open Panzer Project - and a new Tank Control Board
Old 02-09-2019, 08:55 AM
salmonpinko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LukeZ
Salmon, I have not tried crowdfunding but I did consider it in the early stages. There is plenty of discussion about the economics of this project and why it evolved in the manner that it did, in this thread and others. Anyway, I am definitely considering all options and will keep the community updated if anything transpires.
LukeZ,

Talking about drones. We have FPV as the next ticket. My club in Singapore has already taken RC tank battling to the FPV level.

I can envision this project can go further if TCB has the capability to work with MAVlink-OSD to provide ammunition numbers, shells fired, hit registered, damage status, knocked out and battery life information through the FPV setup. Coupled with 3 way video switcher board, we can have driver, gunner and commander video feed to the Eachine R051 OTG receiver that turns any smartphones or tablets into a fighting console with digital zoom capability.

That means to fight as a tankee, not a toy. This will be interesting to the RC Tank clubs globally.

Please run a quotation from www.allpcb.com for PCB fabrication with assembly into a finished product of both the TCB and the sound card. Let's estimate a production run of a modest 200 units. With that price, we will try to get as many club members to opt in. If we can get more orders, that will lower the total cost for every tank owners.

I can commit 20 units for my club RCABS.

Cheers,
Salmon