RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Jesse Open

Received 92 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
My dad dropped off a large Kennedy tool box a while back and said it's yours if you want it. Of course I accepted his offer but never looked inside because I already have a ton of tools. Today I took a gander in there and waddaya know, precision machinist tools! Outside mics from 1" to 5", inside bore gauges 1/2" to 4" , dial indicators and magnetic stands, parallel block, inside a outside mechanical calipers and other assorted goodies. Quite of few of them Starrett tools. A 50lb. box of precision measurement tools which is a very sweet deal but wouldn't you know it? He kept his B&S IP40 calipers.....lol, I would have too!
A lot of my favorite tools there, you are off to a fine start. The small bore gages are very handy for jobs like checking valve guide wear. The larger, telescoping gages will give you a lot better reading of a cylinder bore at several points, much more information than the fingers on a caliper. The sliding adustable parallels I used tio use a lot when cutting LARGE keyways on press crankshafts or slotting keyways into 10 foot diameter bull gears.
Tools are a great investment.Never regretted any of the money spent on tools or machinery.