RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lights - standalone battery or piggyback?
Old 02-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

From my experience, the perfect light set kind of depends on what you want for lights. Barincubes are very bright and work well. But the landing light does not just come on when you drop the gear. You have to switch it on. Also, their LEDs area bit more directional that I would like. But if you put them under lenses then they look good and don't seem to be hot enough to melt the lenses. The JPs I had from the OEM were a mess. Never did get them to work correctly, but their landing light setup worked off the gear channel. That worked well. ElectroDynamics stuff I tried was a bit too low of intensity. But their stuff works as advertised and the support to get you there is great. So, … For me the jury is still out on the best brand. But again, it depends on what you want to do with lights. I have learned enough with all my trials and tribulations that my next set will probably be piecemeal based on a great controller. I say this cause there are some ultrabright LEDs out there that have a wide viewing angle and they do not get very hot. I tested several of them. You just have to figure out the correct voltages to get the right colors and keep them working. That is easy enough. But, it is the great controller that still eludes me. So, … I am not the expert. Some input from other folks is welcomed!