RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Giant Top Flite F6F Hellcat coming soon?
Old 02-12-2019, 12:12 PM
spinkgi
My Feedback: (36)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Lowen
Hello all. Earlier in this thread I indicated that I was the winner of the Top Flite Hellcat given away at the 2018 Toledo swap meet. After careful consideration I decided to sell this airplane to a really good friend of mine. He has built and flown countless Top Flite giant scale aircraft in both ARF and kit form. In the course of the assembly he found a serious defect with how the wing sits in the fuselage saddle. It appears to be a defect that he will have to correct with some really time consuming modifications because Horizon refuses to stand behind it because he was not the original buyer. I get their position but I still feel like Horizon should stand behind a product they advertise. I have taken this situation to heart because I unknowingly sold him a defective product; I had not unpackaged the airplane before I sold it to him. I have offered to buy it back, burn it and never do business with Horizon again, however, he had already bought the retracts, electronics and engine needed to put it in the air so he is committed. He was able to fix the rudder and elevator pushrod issue noted above.

Has anybody else ran into this issue and if so have you contacted Horizon?
What's the serious defect? Could you please be more specific?