RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kenny Kong Abrams tracks?
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:40 PM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertrat99

ok, so first off I am asking about Kenny Kong tracks. The link you have here are for Hobby Summit tracks. not the same thing. I am also asking about how the Kenny Kong tracks perform on the Heng along Abrams, not about sprockets and idlers that fit.

Asked specifically if the tracks come off off the road wheels like some others do because they have guide horns that are too short.
I run DKLM Abrams tracks on two of my Abrams and Leopard 2. I do not have issues with the short "horns" causing de-tracking issues and I also run mine much harder and faster than most folks. Now I will say I run all metal suspension, road wheels, sprockets with retaining rings and drive axle bearing supports as well. These play a big part along with having the tracks tensioned correctly in reducing any issue of de-tracking.

Ok, all that said there is another option that you can look at besides the Kenny Kong tracks. The DKLM Leopard 2 tracks work on the Abrams just as the Abrams tracks work on the Leopard 2. The DKLM Leopard 2 tracks have much longer horns similar in length to those found on the Tamiya Abrams track.

Since none of the tracks on the market are really accurate, why not use the super tough and well proven DKLM Leopard 2 tracks as these will get you the longer horns and proven toughness at far less cost ~$100 delivered.

Just my .02