RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 06:28 AM
JieM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cathurga
Can you show us a pic of your MMM hub mounted. Anything to look out for when installing it?
It is quite aesy.
First remove the stepped screw (see the sketch on my drawing. Then I slightly heat the propeller plate with the heat gun. Then it is necessary to put the hub puller under tension. Once under tension a slight hammer blow of on the screw of the puller hub releases the propeller plate.
When mounting the MMM ring, just pay attention to the direction of the magnet ring. Mine had a black marker point that needs to be positioned inward.
Once the propeller plate is reassembled, simply set the ring magnet holder as explained on MMM video

Originally Posted by cathurga
Anyone have any idea what would happen to the oil distribution to the rockers in the negative pressure crankcase scenario? I know that the amount of oil getting to the top cylinder was marginal under normal circumstances, I wonder if it would be better with the negative pressure instance.
The amount of air and the air pulsations are the same in both cases. They are determined by the air sucked by the pistons.
The main difference is certainly that the air stream is more turbulent, that's positive, and that the air volume is higher between carburetor and cylinder, with probably a less frank response to the throttle.
I also remove the rocker caps to check the valve clearance. Result: Oil mist on the rocker arms on cylinder 1, and caps full of oil on cylinder 2 and 3.