RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buying used engines
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesse Open
I sold one engine to a friend based only on the description that I got from the fellow who sold it to me. Turned out it did need bearings. I was totally embarassed and offered a refund outright.
I will NEVER sell an engine again without a complete inspection, even a brand new, old stock engine. Good chance, I won't sell or trade engines for the most part. Easier to just give them away locally.
I bought an used engine once that needed bearings like you say,, the seller got it from some one else, if you been in the hobby as long as I have and if you know engines well enough you really can't blame the seller much at all, considering he offered to buy it back and pay the the shipping too, you see I had an OS Hyper 50 Heli engine that had less than 1 gallon run threw it, and it's rear bearing rust up badly after setting for just one winter..

Easier to just give them away locally
Gary, any time you get the urge to give away a Saito 91, 90T or 100T you just let me know, if it's worth rebuilding I just may be happy to send money your way LOL

Jim