RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kenny Kong Abrams tracks?
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 07:30 AM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Anybody in the service has to have thick skin with all the crap we give each other. I ran my squad and platoon a bit loose with the discipline. I allowed the guys to poke me a lot as it was so easy, Im an odd guy so it was low hanging fruit. But I would dish it back just as well top to bottom in my platoon nobody was safe. I felt it built camaraderie as it was rarely hurtful words.
we were a family. And everybody learned really quick when it was and wasn't time to do any BSing around. As long as they were professional when duty called I let most of it go.
Just had dinner last week with a few that are long gone, the same old BS all night. Oh man the good times. I miss them guys.
We get into some tiffs here on the forum with each other. I think mostly over miss understandings of a fact or explanation or just the tone is lost. Tone is very hard to convey in writing if you are not adept at it. I respect everybody here for their opinion, comment and advice. That is what we all are here for, helping advance our hobby.