RCU Forums - View Single Post - Can't Decide on what board to purchase
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 06:08 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Can't Decide on what board to purchase

I currently have a Taigen Tiger with the original V1 board, my son loves the tank so I ended up giving it to him, he has a HL Sherman too. I am currently going to have to build another one for myself since he inherited that one. I have an IBU2 for that so all is good there. But I am indecisive about which route to take for his. Clark TK22, Taigen V3, or maybe even an ASP 2.5 when it is in stock. With the Taigen V3 it would need the wiring, and Mako board so we could be Tamiya compliant, which brings it up to the price of a Clark TK22/24 depending on where it is purchased. The new ASP uses the S.bus which I have just familiarized myself with but I do not know which TX are S.Bus and really haven't put forth the effort to find out lol. I know the majority here probably use some form of a Clark board, but I would like to hear from the Taigen V3 crowd too, it seems their latest version is really good. I'm currently using a turnigy i6 which is the same as the flysky, but if I know I am going with an S.Bus variant I will have to look into a different TX. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. I have been out of the loop for awhile and its good to have some free time to get back into it. And it is also nice to see some regular names on here that are still into this wonderful niche.

oops forgot to ask? I know with the older mako board you still needed a mamba to slow the tank down when taking a hit. Does the new Mako do this since there is no option for the Mamba anymore?

Cheers,
Wade

Last edited by Rebellion13; 02-16-2019 at 06:11 AM.