RCU Forums - View Single Post - Basher Sabertooth - steering off center
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 01:00 AM
mjwills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RustyUs
For a "middle of the road" servo, I'd be putting something like a Power HD WP-23KG servo in a 1/8 scale truggy.
I have installed the Power HD - thanks for the suggestion. It fits in perfectly as a replacement of the old servo.

I tried putting a 25T horn on the old servo, and failed since it wouldn't fit. I am not sure if that is because it wasn't a 25T servo, or because it was stripped. Either way, I removed it and swapped in the Power HD and an aluminium horn.

Now, I have a fresh problem, as shown at photos.app.goo.gl/QEmf3Nh219JgJwYBA

Basically, if I add the aluminium horn then the bit that the horn connects to (not sure its name - let's call it an arm for now) has no nice place to connect. In one of the images you can see it is in roughly the same position, so I can't work out how to connect the two. I could make it work by angling the arm, but it didn't look very stable so I was reluctant to try and drive that around.

The other image is using the stock horn that came with the Power HD (plastic one I presume). That one looks like it will work fine (since it is small enough for the arm to fit underneath it).

So my question is - what should I do here? Should I buy a 'thinner' aluminium arm (and if you could point me to options from banggood or aliexpress etc that would be even more awesome)? Is there a way to connect the arm or the horn some other way? Or should I just use the plastic horn that came with the servo? Or something else?