RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite Cessna 310 posted
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:55 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
The proof of the pudding is in the flying. You do what you want and we'll see what happens.

You asked for opinions. I gave mine. I pointed out that with your initial engine thoughts you were pushing things. You didn't like that so you proceeded to accuse me of saying things I did not say. Now you try to pass stories about me while I've said nothing more. Who's reaching?

I see the potential for problems and issues some of which I have read about in other threads for this very model where larger engines were used. But hey, what do I know? Been in model aviation for over 60 years now. You obviously have the upper hand here.
Opinions are great and I take them as need and as they are presented. You did not provide an opinion in our first post. Then you make a generalized statement of assumptions which based on your 60-year knowledge you state above you know is not true for all cases, see below for a few examples. As far as accusing you…where do you see that? I directly referenced statements you made in the other forum. Stories what stories? I asked if you wanted to continue you could PM directly. You decided to post in the TF C310 thread…why I do not know. Now mudding up this forum…

Again, you referenced things on the TF C310 as general assumptions and not actual knowledge please see your post from the other forum. I am happy you came to this TF C310 thread and read around. In aviation and RC there are some generics that apply to all plans and some that are unique to specific types of planes. Example, there was a pilot that came to the local airport that I teach ground school to talk about his career as a show pilot in a turbo prop transport plane. At the end he said he could help as needed but he did not know a lot on general aviation. He just did not throughout general statements.

I understand your concern with larger engines, but I must ask with your 60 years of model aviation how much of this is with scale planes? I asked because with scale model they require considerably more nose weight than other RC planes. About 90% of my planes are scale models, and with all I always run into issues with needing nose weight. Instead of adding dead weight people normally add a larger engine. Examples:

My TF Staggerwing needed lbs of nose weight to get it to balance. In this case I would have been better to add a bigger engine instead of going with the suggested engines by TF and adding all the nose weight.

My H9 P-47 I added a DLE 55 which is 25cc more than H9 suggest but balances it out perfect without having to add weight.

My GP GeeBee. I needed to add a heavy nose spinner weight to the very tip of the engine shaft. I would have been better to use a larger engine that suggested in the manual instead of dead weight spinning on the engine. If I did not add to the very tip I would have had to add way more weight on the firewall.

This same applies to the TF C310. Therefore, they added all that lead in the nose.

I can keep going if you want. I also have videos if you need…Also years, does not directly correlate to experience.

Thanks and my offer still stands you can PM me instead of us mudding up these forums with this.