RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hello new to the forums(kind of)
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Quickywd01
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teamhex
I think it's more about it being a pain tuning Nitro. I had to constantly tune my nitro vehicles. Every time you ran it...you were tuning it. Even 2-3 times during a run just to get it right. People went 2 stroke gas and electric. Electric also got much longer run times than 10 years ago. I could never run my electrics for 1.25 hours on a single battery.
When the engine is running right they are easy to tune. If you have an air leak then it becomes difficult to impossible. I went through that and was always chasing the tune because as the engine got hot it would run different than when it was cold. Once I found out I had an air leak and fix it by replacing the crank bearings, it was a night and day difference in tuning ease. Which reminds me. I bought a random $50 rc parts box and it had a e-maxx in a million pieces. I think I need to buy a screw kit online somewhere and put that thing together. I love electrics for snow, you can play from the window. Even though modern brushless and lipos provide killer performance, it can't replace that experience you get from nitro. You need both! lol