RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito FG-60R3
Thread: Saito FG-60R3
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 09:36 AM
Jeffryz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I asked Mr Morris for the needle settings and cylinder temperature spread he gets with his intake manifold mods and he prefers for that info to come from customers that are using the mods. So I am looking for some stats on the engine performance from the user group here. The older YouTube video (2009) of the Ray English mods on an FG85, shows a temp spread of only ~5*, I don't know how the Morrismini mod compares on the FG60.

I have the Morrismini timing ring installed and it does provide a smoother running engine with timing at 30*btdc. I still see a very wide spread of temps, with #3 being >30* colder than #1! My current tune is rich and all the plugs show carbon buildup, but with snow on the ground, it is too cold for flying or tuning, imo. gas/oil is 20/1 of stihl oil.

PS...My timing ring did not have the inner ring marked and of course it fell off the ring and I was at a loss for the correct rotation until I watched the install video carefully to see the plain,red, green sequence. Also, there is a hole in the crankshaft for the locating step screw to fit into. it is easy to loose track of that hole when the split ring slot rotates and the hole is not visible. Make sure the step screw tip is in the locating hole before you tighten it down.
JJ