RCU Forums - View Single Post - Shelly Foss Tug Build 76 inch
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2019, 08:32 AM
dallas2254

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well now that I am done building the 85' harbor tug (other post) and the 76 inch Shelly Foss that Martin at Aerodesign helped me design, Martin is redesigning the 85' foot Harbor tug cabin to go on the Shelly Foss Hull. The Shelly Foss Hull by far a great platform for building almost any stable twin screw hull and it was fairly easy to work with light plywood to make the hull look like a steel hull. I am going for a mid century looking tug now that resembles the older style tug look but with twin screws (big electric motors and 5 inch counter rotating 5 bladed props) so I can pull large objects in the canal. I am thinking red on white cabin and black hull would complete my fleet.

Thanks to Martin for collaborating with me to laser cutting many of the structural elements including the cabin. Expecting two very heavy boxes of laser cut plywood to show up in the next couple weeks.

Maybe with the look of a 1954 tug like this with a more modern Shelly Foss hull under. Painted red on white with a black hull