RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:00 AM
jescardin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mRqS
Hi. I'ts been a quite some time since I've been here (life and other models in mean time)
Finally, I've been able to fly my Ultimate (this one http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/12099049-post1746.html )

After some troubles with the engine (Saito 120), probably caused by long time not being used, I've finally made it to run.
What a surprise - after many years (it's the older version of this engine) it run perfectly.
i've had no excuse and had to fly the bipe

It flies great and stable! The only issue I have is the wire landing gear, that flex a lot during landing on the grass.
The last flight ended up with the nose over and broken vertical and stab.

Any chance, someone could take the dimensions of the original landing gear skirts? I want to make the landing gear stiffer before next flights.

Thanks in advance!
Marek, I think you should go better with a fiberglass or carbon fiber landig gear.

At least here in Spain it is quite easy to find such a gear with a very close size to that of the CG Ultimate. My own one is the RTF version which mounts an aluminium gear; it is stiffer than the wire gear but you still have to make sweet landings for not bending it. Anyway every four or five landings it always need some sort of straightening!.

If you would like the alu gear size just ask and I will measure it for you.

Best Regards.

Last edited by jescardin; 03-20-2019 at 01:10 AM.