RCU Forums - View Single Post - Kingtech presents the all new T1 sports jet
Old 03-20-2019, 02:40 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I got the electric retracts. I like them and they held up well to over 40 flights with my first couple landing being a bit rough. Also, I know that Dirk has acquired some retract parts for stock.

The OEM Controller did not meet my expectations. There are permanent magnets in the hubs to hold the brake disk back off the electro-magnet. It takes so much power to get the disk moving off the permanent magnets that the brakes lock up as soon as the disk gets loose. Then if you back off a bit, the brakes free up and you have proportional braking. Unfortunately this effect gets your plane dancing around and makes it difficult to control. The LGC 15 is supposed to cure that with the Gyro based steering and braking, among other settings, etc.. I put in an LGC 15 in the T-One this winter. BTW: On the OEM electric retracts you have to add a voltage regulator and set the voltage down to ~ 7VDC, if you are using 2S LiPo.
Len,
I wish I would have known about this when I received my T1. I could not get proportional breaking out of my T1 electric brakes so I am now using air brakes with electric gear. I may upgrade to a set of electrons, everyone says they work very well.

Patrick