RCU Forums - View Single Post - Growth: Whose responsiblity is it?
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2019, 01:42 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
You forgot one there. Sitting on ones arse waiting for Muncie to come up with some magic formula.

Not everything works everytime everywhere. But waiting for Muncie to drive or force in the members works even worse. Expanding the hobby is an activity that requires a lot of time for little return. It's always been that way. But it will do more for the hobby than sitting in front of the idiot box with another remote.

And I know of clubs who have been able to cash in on the good will generated by their community activities. When in need of a new flying site, the local government went to work for them and found one. In some cases the locals even helped prepare the new field.
Okay, just to clarify my last post, I was talking about what we at the local levels have tried and the results thereof. Not saying they won't work in all areas, just that I've never seen these work in my areas. Where I have seen these kinds of activities work is at hobby expos and swap meets, for obvious reasons. People are there because they a either in the hobby already or they are looking for a way to get in to the hobby. Unlike the mall shows, which are normally nothing more than a show off session, the hobby expos and swap meets are R/C activities that are made for and cater to the R/C hobbyist and those that want to be

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 03-21-2019 at 01:51 PM.