RCU Forums - View Single Post - Growth: Whose responsiblity is it?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 09:11 PM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Propworn
I understand the rules however when visiting a club in the US ( I only fly at AMA fields/events as that is the only place my insurance covers me) the first thing I do is introduce myself and ask permission to fly as a guest. I have a copy of the reciprocal agreement if there is any question. If someone were to challenge me about being an AMA member I would simply sit out and spectate I am not that much in need of flying that I would cause any problems. If permission is granted I ask if there are any restrictions such as no fly zones etc. Only once have I been told about a 400 ft rule at a registered flying site/event and a couple have been right beside a private airfield on the same property. In fact one was less than 400 ft from the edge of the runway. They were sanctioned AMA fields. The field in Deland Florida is on the end of a deactivated runway and its 400 ft ceiling was in effect before the FAA ever got involved simply because its under an active flight path.

Dennis

What has this to do with the ops original topic by the way?????????

By the way I will be traveling across the north east corner of the US on the way to a month traveling around Newfoundland. I will be towing my toy box behind my truck camper and intend to stop and fly at as many fields as I can locate on the way. I don't expect to have any problems flying at those clubs I find on my travels. Next year I have another month planed traveling to Tuktoyaktuk Canada and float fly from the Arctic Ocean. Again I for see no problems.

Nice pics. Homeland is appreciate!