RCU Forums - View Single Post - Part 107 and contests
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 07:14 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 176 Likes on 151 Posts

I would agree that if you own an R/C related business and attend events in an effort to promote your products then part 107 Could in fact apply. If you happen to be an employee, that gets a bit gray area. When I was an employee of Century Helicopters, I received no additional pay for attending trade shows or fly-ins. My travel and accomidations were picked up but that's all. When I left the company I was requested to give all the companies equipment back so although I was flying it I clearly did not own it. Competitions are recreational for 99% of us. We pay an entry fee that in some cases does not even cover the investment of the hosting club. There are no cash prizes, ( exception to that would be Tucson Shootout ) spectators are not charged admission. There are at times manufacturers banners displayed however the event does not receive compensation for this. It is done for the good will of the hobby.

My question to Appowner is: as a non AMA member, as somone who will never enter any form of competition why are you concerned with this? I'm not saying you can't or that you shouldn't, I'm just curious as to why you decided to make this your boggle of the week.