RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lots has changed - Getting back in - Radio Advice
Old 04-01-2019, 04:34 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mavrick 15
Very very very illegal to do here in the states, and dangerous at that. There are only two entities that I know of that can fly without visual line of sight over 400ft. I would remove those videos if I were you.
Not to start an argument but, the 400 foot limit is for class 'G', uncontrolled airspace only. The reason for the 400 foot limit is that in uncontrolled airspace, full size can legally tool along at 500 feet. So they like a 100 foot buffer in there between the toys and full size. The key is the word, UNCONTROLLED. i.e. no one is watching it or controlling the traffic in it.

Any other airspace class the limit is established by the agreement between the pilot and local ATC when permission/notification for the flight is established. Many people, in fact probably most get this part confused. If you don't understand the airspace classes, I suggest you learn and understand them. At least as far as where you fly. DO NOT rely on the local club experts for your information. Find out for yourself.

And I will no doubt be told I am wrong.

Last edited by Appowner; 04-01-2019 at 04:37 AM.