RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2019, 11:57 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by SrTelemaster150
This is my full suspension mountain bike.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ADF2PQR.jpg?

I took the picture while hunting Black Bear in the Adirondacks. It has the suspension modified upgrading to a Rockshox Recon fork with Pop-Lock handlebar lockout control and a Fox RP-123 shock for the 4-link rear suspension.

The rest of the bike had pretty sound design components even if a bit heavy. It now has over 4K miles in it.

That's my full European power spec 8X57IS rifle leaning against the bike. 2700 fps with a 200 gr .323 Speer Hotrcor bullet. Hits like the hammer of Thor.

As for the Highlander? Very comfortable and reliable but the brakes are woefully under built. After driving a 2006 Dodge Charger Daytona and a 2006 VW Jetta, the pedal effort required to stop the 4600# sled seemed a bit excessive.

At 42K miles the front pads went to metal. We usually got 60K or more before the pads even get near that on any of the cars that we had driven previously. We are going to upgrade to the 4Runner next time and keep a closer eye on the front brake pads.The 4Runner is more along the lines of what we need anyway. They come standard with a hitch receiver and a roof rack. To get a roof rack on the Highlander you have to spend $10K more in options that we don't need or want.
nice bike, but for trail riding I would think you would want to change your seat for something like the one in Pete's photo

Jim
Saito Engines, they take more strokes