RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:07 AM
Glowgeek

Received 65 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Saito FA82 CR Mod

I decided to take the CR from the stock 8.89:1 up to 10.5:1 as a starting point. Shaved .018" off the case cylinder deck.

A few interesting things to note:
Even though the bottoms of the engine mounting ears were not machined by saito they appear to have been used by saito as a reference surface for machining the cylinder deck. The dial indicator showed only a .0002" variance in plane and that measurement was right next to a cylinder mounting hole. I chalked that up as a bulge from over tightening that cylinder mounting bolt.

The pushrod covers were over compressing the rubber seals so .020" was removed from their length.

The weather sucked here yesterday, cold and very high humidity but I still saw 9300 rpm. 100 rpm up from a previous run on a 60°f low humidity day . Only 1/2 tank of fuel so far after the CR mod. A couple more tanks will tell the whole story.

I've run this engine on cold wet days before and have had no problem getting the engine temps up. On this run with the raised CR the engine never reached normal operating temp even at wot.

More later

Last edited by Glowgeek; 04-02-2019 at 04:21 AM.