RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen JS-2 initial impressions
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 08:45 AM
Imex-Erik

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther F
Good looking tank (being a big Russian tank fan too) and Erik is right, a bit of over weathering BUT... the basis is laid down and it can be modified. The hinging of the upper hull is so cool!

I like the look of the WSN T-34's white paint application and how it gave the illusion of 'dripping paint' some but overall I do like this!
Thank Daryl Turner for the great idea on the hinge
Originally Posted by Lotuswins
Tanks for the preview Dusty. Mine is to arrive on Wednesday, I hope.
Too bad about the damage, I hope mine fares better.
Did the tank come with the leads to connect a hobby grade receiver? Just curious, though I do have a set from a defunct V2 MFU.
Are the sounds appropriate for the JS2?? I will be experimenting with an aftermarket speaker just to see if it gets better.....can't wait!!
Jerry Rude
Remember, if you have a problem send me an email and I make sure you are taken care of. To answer your questions: yes it doe come with a hobby wiring kit and does have JS-2 sounds
Originally Posted by Remington PSS
Does anyone know if an ISU-152 version will be coming out anytime soon? That’s the one I’m most interested in.
Don't have that one on the radar but It wouldn't be too terrible to do.... There are a few others being worked on now, this next one I'm hoping will be done asap....
Originally Posted by Dusty Steppes
The damage was minor, more than likely caused by the shipper as it was all on the left side of the tank and one side of the box had some damage.
It did come with leads and a jumper for using a hobby grade radio. The instructions describe 6 channels
1 steering
2 throttle
3 firing/elevation
4 turret rotation
5 engine on/off
6 main mother trim
Nothing is listed about the machineguns or smoker on/off. If these require another two channels there is no way to connect them and if these are done with channel mixing there is no mention of it.
If connectivity is required why is it not provided and if mixing is needed what channel mixing gives you the results are questions that need to be answered.
The sounds are a vast improvement over the earlier sounds that Taigen used. I would say the quality is pretty close to, if not as good as a TK22.
I do strongly recommend inspecting the transmissions to make sure no wires or components are touching the gears and that power leads on the motors are not shorted against the neighboring transmission. It is a very tight fit in the rear of the tank.
Yea unfortunately you do lose MG control and the ability to turn on/off the smoke unit with an aftermarket TX. If you need a bypass cable for the smoker so you can add the switch again I've included a picture below. This will still give you the proportional on/off from the motherboard but will give you back the switch for a manual on/off control of the unit if you use your own TX. The MG however is lost on a hobby TX. Just out of curiosity how important is the MG to you guys?