RCU Forums - View Single Post - Taigen JS-2 initial impressions
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:19 PM
Dusty Steppes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Imex-Erik
Thank Daryl Turner for the great idea on the hinge

Remember, if you have a problem send me an email and I make sure you are taken care of. To answer your questions: yes it doe come with a hobby wiring kit and does have JS-2 sounds

Don't have that one on the radar but It wouldn't be too terrible to do.... There are a few others being worked on now, this next one I'm hoping will be done asap....

Yea unfortunately you do lose MG control and the ability to turn on/off the smoke unit with an aftermarket TX. If you need a bypass cable for the smoker so you can add the switch again I've included a picture below. This will still give you the proportional on/off from the motherboard but will give you back the switch for a manual on/off control of the unit if you use your own TX. The MG however is lost on a hobby TX. Just out of curiosity how important is the MG to you guys?
Using a hobby grade radio with the stock electronics does not interest me as I will be upgrading the electronics and rewiring it to make this compatible with the Tamiya battle system. I only mentioned the loss of the mg and remote switching of the smoke for those that may want to keep the original electronics but use a hobby grade radio. If someone has a hobby grade radio that supports multiple models they could eliminate having a dedicated transmitter for each tank and if the mg and smoker worked they would not lose any of the tanks functions possibly resulting in a higher demand for your product.