RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safe Select Rx/Tx Channel Usage
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2019, 08:31 AM
mhazzard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
As an afterthought, if SAFE uses 3 modes then flaps also typically use three modes and you could y-harness those. Then set your flaps linkage so you get the least movement until you get used to flying the different modes.
I know Safe+ has those 3 modes, but SS is either On (self leveling and limited flight envelope) or Off (no self leveling or flight envelope), which is why I think Prof100 said that it can be bound permanently on or off, which I agree is ridiculous and limiting.

I did call Horizon Hobby and ask about whether or not a nominally 6 channel plane like a Turbo Timber can be used with a 6 channel transmitter while still maintaining all available flight controls, and the representative said yes because SS is built into the receiver and does not take up a channel slot and therefore should not require a transmitter slot. It does, though, need a free switch, so these seem to be contradictory.

Just trying to make sure that I don't spend hundreds of dollars now on a radio (DX6/8) just to find out later that it doesn't control everything in the long run, while also not buying a radio that I will never use to the full potential. Apologies if this is such a newbie issue or if I'm overthinking things.