RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop size for YS 170DZ on a black Magic
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 11:56 AM
slipkid
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prop size for YS 170DZ on a black Magic

Hi All,
Since I got some good help ony my exhaust question for my Black Magic retrofit of a YS170DZ, I thought I would ask for prop recommendations. I have been researching posts from 2008-2010 and most people were recommending APC props at 17X13, 18-11 and a few at 18-12, and 19-11. I am wondering if anyone has tried this motor with a carbon fiber (CF) prop on their pattern ship , although I suspect by the time CF props became widely available, folks had moved on from the Black Magic and the YS 170DZ

I have never been a big fan of APC props and am hoping someone has suggestions to map the APC props to CF equivalents or better yet has some direct experience with CF props on a 170DZ. I fly my 2M Black Magic for fun, I don't compete, but I do practice the lower sequences and am not interested in pushing my 170 to its very limits since I am just a sport flyer - Also plan on using 20% Cool Power heli fuel, as I use that for my other glow engines as well - I would reluctantly go to 30%, but prefer not to

Thanks to all who respond

Joe