RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-23-2019, 09:26 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

Well done acdii, I don't enjoy driving long distances anymore but at least I wasn't taken ill over Easter. I went to England in the two tonner to help Trish, The Love Of My Old Age, aka Miss Blue Eyes, see Posts 6670 and 6696.

She has a daughter Lucie, aged thirty-nine, who gave birth to a baby boy sixteen months ago. Lucie has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis so Trish is in the process of selling her house here in France and moving back to England to support her daughter, son-in-law and and grandson. It's a bit of a blow but there are cheap flights between Limoges and Bristol so we still hope to see quite a bit of each other. That said, she'll be living in England by the end of May but she's coming back for La Coupe Des Barons in September!

The professionals wanted 2000€ (£1734 Sterling or $2242 US) for a part-load, so we crammed as much as we could into my van, it will take two tonnes, and unloaded it into her new house in Somerset. We then drove 200 miles to my hometown where we met up with some old friends and my sister for a few days. I took advantage of the time there to change the back discs, pads and rubber brake pipes on the van. Did the whole trip on just three tankfuls of diesel.

The van is pictured below. The bigger one!

Bonne Recuperation Flyer!

Last edited by Telemaster Sales UK; 04-23-2019 at 10:15 AM.