RCU Forums - View Single Post - Resurrecting a Great Plans 1/3 Scale Pitts Special ARF
Old 04-23-2019, 10:31 AM
propstryker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erans
Thank you jescardin, it is appreciated. It is always rewarding to get a scratch built or repaired aeroplane through the Heavy Model Certification process successfully.

I had few more flights since my last post and she fly well. I changed the prop to a Birch-wood Falcon 20x8. It provides better performance from the old CRRC Pro 45cc engine.
On my last flight of the day the weld-nut holding the muffler screw failed and I had to call it until I receive the replacement (already ordered on ebay).

Cheers,
Eran
I too have this model that is sitting in the corner with some relatively minor damage. I caught a wheel pant on wet grass and it cartwheeled. The worse damage is the top wing is cracked so I will have to do some reinforcing on the spar and recover. I had been flying it with a Zenoah G62, another old engine, with C&H ignition. Flew great. This is a beautiful plane. Even with the relatively heavy G62, I had to move the batteries all the way to the front to balance it. I think you have encouraged me to repair it.