RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-02-2019, 03:11 PM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Off topic. But, maybe good info for some.

I got a deal I couldn't pass up. A free modern type clothes washer that quit at mid cycle and no drain no spin. It had been sitting in a backyard for a couple of months.

So I took it home. First, I had to learn how it worked. It is not the older typical washer style. Then I took it apart. OMG. Dirty, dirty ,dirty. I spent a good time cleaning before I got to troubleshooting. During the troubleshooting I found that it needed a new drain pump. I got a new one today and washer working fine.

A few things about this style washer. CLEAN, CLEAN, AND CLEAN are the key words. Apparently the owner washed dirty muddy clothes. This dirt settled in the outer water jacket. The filter trap was loaded with dirt, lint and paper. A penny was found. The pump was coated in dirt which kept it from rotating and motor failed.

So some caution, a little pre cleaning of muddy dirty clothes. Empty pockets of coins, paper, etc. Don’t overfill the basket. Small garments can work their way from the basket to the water jacket and cause a mid cycle shutdown.

RC wise I haven’t been doing much. Too many projects. I think I need to go into RC BUILDERS REHAB. Here I need to maiden planes and I’m already thinking of a new build. A stick built Extra 300. A challenge for sure. Studying it a bit.