RCU Forums - View Single Post - FRSky Taranis Beginners Support Group
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 11:00 PM
Jim.Thompson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tedsander
Correct!

On the mixing page when selecting a source, there can be two choices: "I1:Ail" (for example - which is short for "Input list item #1, named "Ail") which is the result of the Aileron stick AFTER any rates/expo/etc. have been applied from the Inputs tab. There is also a plain "Ail" selection, which is the raw 100% value coming from the Ail stick without any adjustments. It's easy to pick the wrong one, and then things don't seem to work correctly. To help keep things clear, I usually rename the Input to include the letter I. So "Ail" becomes "AI". That helps me make sure I am using the result rather than the unmodified stick amount in the mixer, unless, of course, I really want to do that......................
There is potential for error here for the beginner! I will have to read this several time to remember it.

An exception to the above is if you are only doing very simple modification to the authority for a control, then it doesn't even have to be listed on the Inputs page at all. Just use the raw value version as a source on the Mixer. This is most commonly done for switches, where all you usually want is the native +100,0,-100 values coming in to the mixer, and then modifying it there to send the actual amount of motion desired out to the servo.
I am correct in translating that to mean that MAX can be used as in input to the mixer?

Thanks for the reply.

Jim.