RCU Forums - View Single Post - Finally got the boat! Information and help appreciated!
Old 06-01-2019, 06:57 AM
Cuzboss

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got the boat! Information and help appreciated!

So regarding my last post in this very same forum, I had asked about the Shockwave 55 ss that I have wanted since ‘05. I finally found the exact one I wanted in mint condition pretty much fully upgraded! I will post some pics of it if I can from my iPhone. This will be my 1st gas boat (I have run brushless till now). It has a BH hanson engine, tachometer, upgraded Bonzi clutch, foam in the hull, and upgraded hardware out back for the rudders and prop. The prop is also not stock and this thing is so clean you can eat off of it. Im here to ask some questions before I run it because you guys are all awesome and very informative!

-What oil/gas mix should I run? BH Hanson says 20:1 but I know sometimes manufacturers take it too far with specifics.

-What specific kind of oil(BH hanson manual states a specific brand but can I get away with something else?)

-What does the after run maintenance call for (I have many nitros but this is 2 stroke)

-What do I have to be careful of while I run? (I’m a full send kind of guy)

-Tuning?

-Can I use a Traxxas radio system?

Also anything else I should know/ lookout for or be prepared for. Im used to 26” boats and man this thing is huge! He included a few extra parts (water pump, spark plug, manuals, prop etc.)