RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official FAA Authorization Document - Flight in Controlled Airspace
Old 06-06-2019, 01:14 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
Hey Propworn, If you`re ever around Portland, Maine in your travels, check out Ray and Robins Hobby Shop and/or Propsnappers R/C club. That's where I got my Sig LT 40 and where they taught me to fly it. It`s a real nice grass field.
Unfortunately I have to make the ferry from Nova Scotia to Newfoundland and Portland is a bit of a swing south this trip. I will be crossing at Ivy Lea/Wellesley Island, through the Adirondack Mountains and across the top of White Mountain National Forest to Bangor then to St Johns New Brunswick then to North Sydney Nova Scotia to catch the ferry to Newfoundland. I have plotted and will try to visit a half dozen or so model fields along that part of the trip. I have allocated 5 days to work my way across to the ferry so it should leave me some time to meet, hopefully fly at some of the fields and sight see along the way. Really looking forward to the trip across that part of the US. Then a month in Newfoundland before heading back home.

Dennis